Red Hot Passion
02 August 2006

It's spilling... out!!

Woohoo. Bringing to life the meaning of word vomit. Have fun. (:

***

It really is amazing how one can just slip into this state of extreme self-indulgence. Hah. At first, it's merely testing the waters. Next that feeling of breaking free starts to sink in. The whole take-a-sneak-peek-but-you'll-never-know-the-whole-story seems appealing. And so it gets stuck cos it's so god damn addictive. Guilty pleasure, anybody?

***

I was late for school, the second time today. Reason? I took a different route. It's a long and rather stupid and not the least bit important. Decided that since I'm gna be late after all, why bother rushing? Which was why I was walking in at complete ease.

Speaking of that. I was walking in solo (everyone taking the Macpherson route happened to be early this time round). I really wasnt in the mood to bother about being late for school.

Anyway, so I was just passing that house with that very prominent Buddhist sign; the first time I spotted it, "Fuck. This guy's a Nazi" crossed my mind, cos see, I had no idea that the two symbols were very alike back then. Suddenly this bright blue car stops right beside me and this lady said, "Girl, would you like a lift to your school?"

"*smiles. Uh nah, it's okay. Thanks. "

Needless to say, I was pretty stunned. But I like the whole idea. Her son, was in the front seat, a Cedar Primary kid, so she just decided to offer me a ride since it's on the way and I suppose she kinda guessed that I was late. It just really made my morning.

Yet another reason why I was strolling in and Clara who came in a cab saw me and thought she wasn't late.


Mrs Chew: Clara! And Huda ah. My monitress and assitant monitress!
Me: We knew that was coming!

*when we handed over the late-coming slip to her at the foyer

Told you, Lock. Haha.

I've another incident to cite.

So it was last night, on my way to Kem (where I was 20 minutes late, omg. I swear I thought I was gna be early. Sorry! Another case of taking a different route. Really.), in the mrt. I was staring at my (or rather Jazzy's and Naz') Organic Chem notes trying to absorb the properties of Alkanes, where little actually got in my head and stayed there till at least the test.

There was this little boy in a pram (not more than 2 years old). His mother was seated, with the pram right in front of her. He'd play with a receipt on his mothers lap. He also kept on dropping that piece of receipt on the floor. Each time he does that, his mother, fully prepared with a mini cane on her lap, would strike his arm. She doesn't do it very gently or playfully mind you. It was a real whack on his tender flesh.

And each time she hits him, he'd jump in presumably shock and pain and look up to his mother with confusion and hurt written all over his face. His face really bore a pained expression, an utterly confused child. His mother would just say "You do that again! Do it! Do it and you'll see." At times, even pointing her forefinger in his face. He'd only respond with an even more confused expression, eyes wide with uncertainty.

I had to look away, though I can't help glancing back the next second. It was painful to watch. There were red marks on both his arms. He's less than 2 years old most definitely! He's still using a pram for god's sake! His mother was really cold the entire time.

I can't help but wonder how these parents go about beating their kids regularly. Perhaps, I'm not in any position to question how they bring up their kids, since I am indeed still a "child" and very much kidless.

The times either of my parents laid a finger on me can be counted with one hand, in my entire fifteen plus years. They don't believe in the physical "method of teaching". Personally, I don't get it either. What the parents would create is just fear. I doubt fearing your folks will really help at the end of the day? You wouldn't be sure what's acceptable and appropriate and wouldn't dare take the chance for fear it'd be the wrong thing and WHAM, another one at cha.

I mean, I get it. It's to teach us a lesson, so we'd never do it again, to "drill" it in, learn that actions have consequences, yada yada yada. And some even say that if you don't fear your parents then that's where you're in hot soup. Cos then it'd mean that you're a kid with "no principles" who'd just end up screwed or something.

I don't know.

Anyway, if it's in such regularity, it just becomes numb. That's worse, isn't it?

My parents believe in communicating which just makes more sense to me. *shrugs

Okay, enough of all the wonderings. I'll just see how things go twenty five years from now, yeah?

Initially, I kinda intended on writing an entire post critiqueing the idols. Look how far off I ended up. Haha.

So Singapore Idol today. My heart stopped when they said Joakim and Paul were gna sing Oasis and Robbie Williams. "Wah die. Confirm screw up and spoil the song." Was I right or what.

I think Nurul and Rahimah were very cool. Enjoyed both their performances. Except the part where Nurul suddenly took off the mike, I got quite a shock. Lol.

Both guys that I'm partial towards were greatly praised tonight! YAY. Hady was great, as usual. I didn't quite like it when Florence compared him to Taufik! I mean, I do see the resemblence, but once she said it it's like gna be an endless comparison for him! Poor thing, my hady.

There's something appealing about Jonathan! From the first result show the other time, I've always felt this "thing" for him. Haha. I know many thinks he's very beng looking and so ZOMGZ cheena. BUT HE'S NOT OKAY. I like him. He's so slick and laidback, it's hot. His voice... *swoons. Jonathan Leong's sexy, shut up.

But Hady's sexier lah. :D

I think the guy judges were PMSing today man. Dick Lee's uber hyper while Ken's all bitter and glum. LOL.

Okay, I need to get some sleep now. I told you it was word vomit.

Huda
11:11 PM
 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder what the mom was worrying about.. Hitting the 2 year old as much as it is sad could have been a reflection of her worry too... life is complex and doesnt get easier as one gets older...

from the guy who gets down at Queenstown MRT !

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site 2002 dodge caravan problems kod gry scrabble Mechanical questions about isuzu amigos Decreasing lipitor dosage

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

THEbabe` r

My Photo
Name: Huda
Location: Singapore

If there's one word to describe this girl, it'd be loud. She's easy going and incredibly fun. She'd like to think of herself as approachable (though some claim she looks arrogant and/or fierce). She's highly opinionated and outspoken. Friends insist she's fickle and whines an awful lot. At times, acid-tongued, especially when provoked. A hopeless romantic, that she is. A dreamer. Her mood and emotions fluctuate about in this outrageous manner. Pretty bubbly, loves a good conversation anytime, anywhere. She appreciates beauty of all forms. Quite the idealist, an avid mind wanderer, she'd say. She also finds the horoscope incredibly fascinating. Trust me, you'll love her, if you don't already do. (:


links r

Friendster Profile
MySpace Profile

Dear Delphinus!

faizahTHEgreat
almaas
azy
beatrice
ben
charmaine
clara
cynnthia
diana
dina!
dhilshad
eugenia
fairuz
janine
ler ping
liane
lilin
maria
mariam
maziah
mel
natasha
nicole
novabelle
rachel judith
rachel see
renny
szeling
ying wai


gossipsr

A Socialite's Life
Black Jettas
Conversations About Famous People
Defamer
Dlisted
Egotastic!
Gawker
Go Fug Yourself
Group Hug
Hollywood Rag
I Don't Like You In That Way
Just Jared
Kenny Sia
Mr Brown
Mr Miyagi
Perez Hilton
Pink Is The New Blog
Pop Sugar
Post Secret
Splendora
The Superficial
Xia Xue

tagboardr



archivesr

July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
January 2007


layout r

designer: faizah(:
font: tahoma
image:
# #

Hit Counter
Hit Counter
since 100706